My client are looking for an Accounts Payable clerk to join their small but fast paced and friendly finance team in their head office based in London's West End. This role will be offering support to the team, dealing with specifically transnational responsibilities of the role.
My client is a world renowned communications campaign company that specialises in film, television, performing arts, consumer brands and not for profit organisations.
The Accounts Payable clerk with be responsible for:
- Managing the AP inbox: responding to customer and staff enquiries, printing invoices, reconciliation of statements.
- Processing of purchase ledger invoices, matching invoices to purchase orders, scanning processed invoices.
- Compiling suggestions and making recommendations for weekly payment runs.
- Maintaining record of agreed and upcoming payments.
- Reconciling and compiling various reports: e.g. monthly company wide reports on franking costs, printing costs, and taxi costs.
- Ordering, dispensing, and reconciling petty cash floats and petty cash disbursements in multiple currencies as required.
- Processing expense claims.
- General office admin work as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Familiarity with the basics of the accounts payable process and function within the context of a finance department and the business as a whole
- Minimum of 1 year experience in an accounts payable role
- Good attention to detail and accuracy with data entry
- Understanding of basic UK VAT rules
- Understanding about the coding of invoices and ramifications thereof
- Capable of dealing with customers and colleagues in a polite and professional manner
- Basic Excel skills
- Flexibility and commitment to the team as a whole, able to work to deadlines
The successful Accounts Payable will:
- receive competitive salary
- benefit from an excellent social calender, including film premiers, pre-showings and exclusive events
- 20 days holiday
- Great working environment