Accounting Internship - 2018/19 Opportunities - Kuala Lumpur
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
About this job:
The BHGE Internship Program is a pre-professional learning experience that offers practical work experience in the Oil and Gas Industry while undertaking core projects that generate value for BHGE. In addition, you will have the opportunity to explore different areas of interest and build your network within the industry.
During the internship you will have the opportunity to become familiar with Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) requirements, participate in technically focused on-job training, participate in team meetings, as well as working on a project and presenting the results to business leaders. You will also be expected to complete all assigned tasks in the agreed timelines.
During the program you will be supported by your manager and a buddy who will be assigned to you and who will guide you to ensure that you have a really valuable learning experience.
The internship program for the Global Accounting Center will give you first-hand insights into meeting customer requirements through flawless execution and the application of leading-edge technology in challenging work environments.
If you join BHGE as an intern you would have first-hand experience of our culture by participating in a structured learning program that will use, and enhance the knowledge and skills gained from your degree program.
The length of the internship may be adjusted to meet BHGE business requirements and your availability. This will be agreed with you if you were made an offer to join BHGE as an intern.
- Assists in statutory audit coordination
- Assists in actuals and plans for ledgers and bank reconciliation
- Assists the accounting staff in monthly closes of the ledger
- Assists in monthly reconciliations between withholding tax submissions, withholding tax certificates collection/clearing
- Assists in account payable end to end processing
- Assists in various account reconciliations and analyses
- Handles special projects, as assigned
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures
- Good attention to detail with good analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good PC skills
- Ability to handle multiple activities successfully
In addition to fluency in English (assessment of your English proficiency may be part of the selection process) and the legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction, you will need:
- A minimum grade point average of 2.75 or equivalent.
- Currently in your penultimate year of study
- In a degree program in Accounting and Finance related subject
- Evidence of acting in a leadership role in paid or unpaid work
- Evidence of meeting others’ expectations even when the situation was difficult
- A preference for working in a group rather than working alone
Locations: Kuala Lumpur
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.