Part Time Payroll Administrator
Our client is a well established known business who are looking for a proactive and experienced part time payroll assistant.
Our client is a well known business in Lewes, who offer fantastic working benefits and flexibility.
- Processing client payrolls accurately and efficiently
- Check accuracy of calculations before sending to client and HMRC
- Build a trusting relationship with clients
- Be able to calculate gross to net calculations manually
- Must be able to prioritise workload efficiently on a daily basis
- Assist clients with any queries they have regarding their payroll via phone or email
- Download tax notifications from HMRC website and process RTI submissions to HMRC
- Import and export excel files into and out of payroll
- Creating payroll journals and ad-hoc reports
- Create a variety of pension auto-enrolment files for onward submission to pension providers timely and accurately
- Any other ad-hoc admin work include filing
- Must have at least 5 years payroll experience
- Have at least 2 years' experience working in a payroll bureau
- Have good knowledge of excel for creating spreadsheets and importing data in and out of payroll software
- Must have a good understanding of statutory payments and deductions including maternity pay/statutory sick pay/paternity pay/student loans/attachments of earnings etc.
- Have good communication skills and polite telephone manner when speaking to clients on the phone
- Have excellent grammar for writing emails and letters to clients
- Must be methodical, diligent, work well under pressure and be a good team player
- Be flexible in working days and hours due to peaks and troughs of a monthly payroll cycle
- Have a good understanding of auto-enrolment pension law.
Competitive salary and fantastic benefits