Senior Manager, Transaction Tax - Melbourne
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
- Balance work and passions through our innovative flexible work options
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
We are looking for a Senior Manager within the Transaction Tax team in our Sydney office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide technical advice on how our clients can manage their Transaction Tax risks and obligations and deal effectively with the changing tax and regulatory environment.
- Advice and diligence on deals/transactions, re-organisations and ongoing tax obligations.
- Relevant Australian tax experience, ideally gained in a chartered or law firm environment
- Be well informed in relation to law and regulatory changes, including the MIT/AMIT regimes, tax matters in a "stapled" environment, debt/equity issues and the ongoing changes to the taxation of trusts/funds.
- People leadership and the ability to coach junior members of staff
- Demonstrated success building lasting relationships with external clients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to effectively manage a growing book of property and transaction clients.
- A passion for transaction tax matters and the ability to work in a growing and dynamic tax team.
EY's Tax practice believes a better working world is helping our clients navigate through a rapidly- changing business and tax environment. EY professionals combine agility, diverse thought, tax technical depth and the power of technology and analytics to provide exceptional value to clients by developing and executing strategies quickly and effectively, with strong accountability and governance. Learn more about Tax here.
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges , career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.