Accounting Operations Manager
Why choose a career in Client Expenses with Northern Trust?
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; Client Expenses is part of the wider Fund Administration team which has grown exponentially and we now have over 350 partners in our Limerick and Dublin offices
- Our Client Expenses team provides expense services onsite in Limerick, Ireland which complement other Ireland based client services such as Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting, Custodian, and Transfer Agency Services
- We invest heavily in our people and offer customized training to ensure our people can realise their full potential and avail of the diverse range of career opportunities within Fund Administration and Northern Trust Ireland
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
About The Role:
This is a new position within the Ireland Client Expenses Team that has arisen as a result of a strategic team restructure to support our expanding business in Ireland. It will provide increased control and oversight to the team and the successful individual will be based in Limerick, assisting in leading and managing an established team and ensuring an excellent working atmosphere at all times.
The Ireland Client Expenses Team is responsible for the payment of Third Party, Management, Performance and Directors fee payments along with the calculation and filing of all related tax returns. The team is also responsible for the preparation and review of budgets on behalf of our clients, on a quarterly basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for an operations team including Accountants, Team Leaders and Consultants, conducting the performance management process, establishing goals & objectives for the team, providing feedback and ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all client expenses production processes with a “hands-on” approach. They will also consult with clients and partners ensuring delivery of a first class service and help to identify and develop process improvements, system enhancements and optimise effectiveness within the group and across the department.
The role would suit an ambitious, energetic individual with strong systems, product and process knowledge coupled with the ability to lead, motivate and engage partners. Individuals with previous experience in fund administration, operations or accounting are of particular interest for the role. This role will be of interest to candidates who wish to progress their career in a dynamic, ‘best in class operation’.
- Assisting in the management of the Ireland Client Expenses operational process
- Lead and guide partners, and foster an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Responsibility for accuracy and timeliness across a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters ensuring all SLA, project and audit deliverables are met.
- Drive & lead the review and approval payments and budgets, file tax returns, and ensure all client queries are resolved.
- Maintain unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the departments’ performance with a direct focus on quality, risk mitigation, efficiencies and internal controls.
- Support the implementation of business plans and become involved in small to medium size projects where required.
- Provide objective and regular feedback to staff.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Experience in oversight of an accounts payable function for a multi-national organisation is preferable.
- Experience in the funds industry would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Strong communication, analytical, problem solving, planning, presentation, leadership and motivational skills are required.
- Proven client management skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong PC skills required, notably MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Experience with instilling a strong client service culture in teams is desirable in addition to the ability to represent the business to clients via presentations etc.
- The successful candidate would display ambition, adaptability, positivity, confidence, discipline, approachability, creativity and enthusiasm.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.