Brief Role Description
The individual will play a key role within the team in supporting the monthly financial reporting process and complete other key tasks within the finance function. They will proactively contribute to the maintenance of a positive and open working environment, ensuring that interactions with all stakeholders are carried out in a courteous, patient and professional manner. The individual shall complete their tasks, including some of those listed below, to the highest standards.
- Assist with the administration process and any miscellaneous income streams;
- Review of month end reporting packs, and with reconciliations required as part of this governance process
- Ongoing liaison with personnel in connection with day-to-day finance and related matters, compliance issues etc
- Liaison with relevant internal and external stakeholders in connection with expansion of rural transport services;
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly Bank Reconciliations;
- Ensure robust internal controls are maintained within areas of responsibility;
- Ensure status trackers are up-to-date; and
- Ensure high-quality and up-to-date procedure documents are maintained for areas of responsibility.
- Engagement with any systems development or implementation within area of responsibility;
- Identification and implementation of process improvements within area of responsibility;
- Involvement with the various audits and reviews that take place throughout the year;
- Involvement in the ongoing documentation and process mapping of procedures and manuals within area of responsibility;
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Role Requirements & Key Competencies
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) with a minimum of 1 year post qualification experience.
- Strong MS Office, particularly MS Excel skills. Experience working with the financial modules of Agresso or similar;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team; and
- A ‘can-do’ approach with the ability to organise and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
Grant Thornton is Ireland’s fastest growing professional services firm. With over 1,350 people in 7 offices across Ireland and 53,000 located in over 130 countries around the world, we bring you the local knowledge, national expertise and global presence to help you and your business succeed – wherever you’re located. We deliver solutions to all business challenges. Clients choose us because the breadth of financial and business services they need is available, delivered innovatively and always to the highest standards. At Grant Thornton we are committed to long term relationships.
Grant Thornton operate from offices in Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway, Kildare, Limerick and Longford.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.