# of Openings 1
About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence–based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high–volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at .
About the Financial Analyst Position :
Reporting to the Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for coordinating activities that support the accounting, finance, forecasting, and reporting functions. This position work with both the finance and medical economics team to support a number of financial reporting initiatives. This role will be responsible for building and analyzing reports to assist internal operations, health plan clients, and contracted laboratories make decisions and improvements. The Financial Analyst will also support the medical economics team by assisting with underwriting prospective clients as needed.
This position is based in Tampa, Florida, and is not a remote role. This is a full–time, W–2 position. At this time, we can consider only local candidates authorized to work in the US. No recruiter calls, please.
Responsibilities of the Financial Analyst:
- Prepare fee schedules for pricing lab tests to maximize profitability
- Prepare budget to actual variance analysis, network revenue model and trend analysis on a monthly basis.
- Support budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning processes.
- Track key metrics and performance indicators to evaluate the health of the business
- Build financial models to evaluate investment decisions; work with cross–functional teams in preparing business cases
- Combine qualitative and quantitative analysis to highlight business risks and opportunities
- Partner with business stakeholders to drive business performance
- Assist in developing and implementing opportunities to automate, streamline processes and enhance efficiencies.
Qualifications of the Financial Analyst:
- Intellectually curious and interested in understanding beyond the "what" as to the "why"
- Experience creating analytical and financial models for data–driven decisions
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid understanding of financial statements and GAAP
- Willingness and ability to adapt to rapid business and organizational change
- Highly responsive with ability to complete deliverables under tight time pressure
- Tableau experience
- Healthcare experience
- Experience in a start–up or early–stage company