Finance Lease Senior Manager
The lease accounting centre of excellence (Lease CoE) was set up in 2016 with the objective of streamlining and centralising Real Estate Lease accounting under US GAAP ASC 840. The Lease CoE team was initially based out of India but has recently expanded to Argentina and provides technical accounting guidance. The expanded team will be responsible for the implementation of the new accounting standards under US GAAP ASC 842 and IFRS 16, ensuring the correct accounting for all lease transactions as well as all the new accounting disclosures.
The Senior Manager will report to the Controllership COE Lead based in Ireland and will be responsible for leading the Lease CoE which consists of 30 people throughout the implementation of the new lease rules under US GAAP and IFRS for all accenture entities globally. Post implementation, the Senior Manager will focus on stabilising the team and focusing on the future strategic direction of the CoE. The Senior Manager works closely with Country Controllership, Global GAAP team, Corporate Real estate during the project implementation phase and through to stabilisation. Primarily responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for managing, leading and further developing the CoE’s in each location.
- Review all US GAAP and IFRS aspects of the lease implementation phase to ensure full compliance in preparation for go live.
- Oversee the implementation of the new lease accounting software and provide key insights around the requirements and capabilities from an accounting/compliance perspective.
- Lead, develop and supervise team members during the lease implementation project phase and stabilisation phase ensuring the key deadlines are met.
- Manage the relationship with Country Controllership, Global GAAP team, Corporate Real estate and other stakeholders on a day-to-day basis ensuring the building of positive business relationships.
- Oversee the technical accounting research and manage responses to US GAAP and IFRS technical questions associated with leasing for all entities globally.
- Support and coach the team ensuring adequate succession planning is in place within each location to sustain the long-term performance of the team.
- Handle escalated queries and build strong team knowledge.
- Provide reporting to management on progress of the lease standard implementation, escalating any items that impact upon the Lease CoE.
- A recognised accountancy qualification - Chartered, CIMA or Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with large multinational;
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS Accounting standards connected with leases.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational and project management skills;
- Ability to prioritise between competing demands and adhere to strict deadlines.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.