Finance Business Partner - Commercial Income
The Defra Group Finance: Natural England Team is looking for a Commercial Income specialist to work within our existing Income and Growth funding workstream.
We are looking for someone with commercial acumen who can develop relationships and promote this culture change against a backdrop of reduced public funding. You will contribute to the key accountabilities of the workstream:
- Working with colleagues and stakeholders to support development and delivery of major income generation programmes, providing guidance on the legitimacy and usage of funding steams for a public sector body such as Natural England, up to final audit stage;
- Understanding the impact of new income streams on Natural England’s budget outturn and future years budgetary implications including feeding into Spending Reviews. Ensuring clear understanding of financial implications, that relevant financial controls are in place and supporting robust forecasting and budgeting.
- Analysing Commercial income performance against targets and identifying risks and/or opportunities, including production of monthly management reports.
- Providing guidance, training and expert financial advice on income management issues, based on a thorough knowledge and understanding of the latest accounting principles and practice;
- Ensuring financial rigour is applied to business cases, cost recovery and the accounting of chargeable services;
- Ensuring that VAT rules are appropriately applied to all income generated.
- Production of Commercial Income trading account to be incorporated into the Annual Report and Accounts
- Working with stakeholders to develop enhanced reporting via Qlik solutions
Location: East Midlands, Eastern, London, North East, North West, South East, South West, West Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber
Peterborough preferred, but willing to consider applicants based in other regions. Candidates must be willing to travel in the course of their duties as and when required