Finance Manager - Property and Capital
Finance Manager, Property and Capital
Join the Primark Finance Team in our Dublin HQ. Our Finance team is home to 200 passionate and enthusiastic Finance professionals. They support our global retail business across 12 countries with 372 stores and growing. We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join the team in Dublin.
What the role will involve;
- Management role with responsibility for leading a team focused on preparation and analysis of robust periodic financial and management accounts.
- Support the international finance teams by ensuring compliant lease accounting adhering to local GAAP and IFRS 16 requirements in all countries in which we operate.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the accounting treatment for all leased property transactions across the Primark Group.
- Review and challenge of periodic processes to identify opportunities to drive efficiencies through automation or revised processes
- Lead the future design of lease accounting automation and integration with our Oracle finance system.
- Team leadership in preparation of statutory accounts for a number of international legal entities.
- Key link with audit teams and other advisors ensuring timely and accurate completion of all statutory obligations for a number of legal entities.
- Assist in the submission of periodic reporting suite to ABF (Associated British Foods).
- Involvement in technical financial accounting advice, researching the impact of accounting policy decisions on the business and advising of relevant changes.
- Leading and management of direct reports including qualified and trainee accountants.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Business Partners (Commercial Property/Primark Property Dept) in order to understand the broader business objectives, develop processes jointly and provide accounting guidance and best practice recommendations to enable process changes.
- Management and development of team.
- Other ad hoc reporting and project involvement as required.
- Comfortable working and taking responsibility in a dynamic environment
- Understand how systems work together to drive improvements and automations where possible (Trimble Manhattan/Oracle/sub ledgers/AP/PIAT/Cognos)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent) with 5+ years PQE
- Big 4 background and a number of years industry experience preferred.
- IFRS 16 experience would be an advantage.
- 2+ years managing a team.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Strong commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills.
- English is essential and other European language would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated initiative with strong work ethic.
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong Excel skills are required.
- Oracle Financials, Excel4apps and Cognos would be an advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.