Senior Manager – Finance
Reporting to the Executive Director, we are looking for a results-driven and confident finance professional to manage and oversee our organisation's financial performance and direct our accounting operations, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
- to produce financial reports on budget vs actual variances, trends and comparisons, annual audit matters and to provide strategic and financial advice to top management;
- to lead budgeting team and financial reporting teams to prepare accurate and timely accounting record for the CIC and its subsidiaries;
- to drive all budget, planning, analysis and resource reallocation requests;
- to ensure timely production of all statutory, regulatory, company secretarial matters and tax reporting for its subsidiaries;
- to execute and strive for best returns for investment of funds and to provide secretariat support to the Task Force on Investment;
- to manage and maintain the finance ERP System;
- to manage all relevant matters in relation to finance including policies and procedures, cost and benefit analysis, bank account management, etc.;
- to execute the levy part under the Construction Industry Council Ordinance (Cap. 587) and Construction Workers Registration Ordinance (Cap. 583) in relation to levy assessment, collection, management, penalty and prosecution;
- to devise comprehensive enforcement and prosecution policy on levy;
- to develop the Levy Information Technology System to automate the work flow and to enhance efficiency to discharge the obligations in the two Ordinances properly;
- to analyse the collection of levy compared to statistics of the Census and Statistics Department and other sources to monitor the collection;
- to devise plans to promote the compliance to the levy requirements among industry stakeholders; and
- to carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director.
The applicant must possess
- a recognised degree in business administration, accounting or law or equivalent;
- a qualified accountant, with membership of a recognised professional accountancy body;
- a minimum of 12 years’ post-qualification experience in finance and accounting background amongst which no less than 8 years’ experience in senior management role;
- relevant exposures in formulating sound financial strategies, achieving organisational targets, and developing financial plans that support the Council’s strategy;
- a proven track record to provide financial advices and reports for top management to review and tackle financial, operational and strategic issues;
- knowledge on legal matters, preferably with legal background if the recognised degree is not in the law discipline;
- capability to inspire confidence and create trust; and work closely with our internal and external stakeholders to achieve key financial and business strategies and decisions;
- a detail-oriented personality, extensive project management skills to deliver quality outputs on time, good time management and interpersonal skills;
- excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese; and
- proficiency in Microsoft application software (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
(Applicants who do not possess the required qualifications and / or experience may be considered for other positions within the organisation.)
The position is on a renewable fixed-term contract (subject to performance and operational needs) for a period of 2 years.
Please click the “Apply Online” to complete the application form and upload the updated curriculum vitae, the results of English and Chinese Language obtained in public examinations, current and expected salary together with a covering letter stating one’s suitability for the job.
For further details on CIC please refer to website: http://www.cic.hk.