Manager, Accounting Compliance & Reporting (Management Accountant) - Sydney
- Balance work and passions through our innovative flexible work options
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Connect locally and globally from anywhere using our advanced technology solutions
We are looking for a Manager - Management Accountant, within the Accounting Compliance & Reporting team in our Sydney office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Business Services or Accounting Services specialist, you will lead and support our clients with their general accounting and management reporting needs.
- Support senior management to implement strategy and drive business transformation initiatives.
- Take responsibility for a client portfolio including building client relationships and growing the account.
- Financial management of a Book of Business to achieve key financial metrics.
- Coach, mentor and develop talent
- Responsible for Risk Management and the delivery of quality services to clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in a Business Services, Accounting Services, Audit or Shared Service environment, preferably in a chartered environment
- Strong accounting knowledge and management reporting experience
- Completed CA/CPA/ACCA qualifications
- Coaching and mentoring mindset
- Desire to drive efficiency through process improvement and technology
- Experience in managing and building a portfolio of clients with both national and multinational clients
- Strong commercial acumen including understanding key drivers in a professional services environment
- Project management mindset, proactive and an aptitude for finding solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience in transforming accounting processes
- Experience in implementing Robotics Process Automation
- Working knowledge of accounting software (such as SAP, MS Dynamic NAV, SAGE, NetSuite, Xero or MYOB).
Who are Tax?
EY's Tax practice believes a better working world is helping our clients navigate through a rapidly- changing business and tax environment. EY professionals combine agility, diverse thought, tax technical depth and the power of technology and analytics to provide exceptional value to clients by developing and executing strategies quickly and effectively, with strong accountability and governance. Learn more about Tax here - https://www.ey.com/au/abouttax
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
Who we are
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Build your legacy with us. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.