A Management Accountant role to ensure the Group's UK subsidiaries is timely, accurate and in accord with accounting standards.
Conister Bank is a retail bank focused on the consumer and small business (SME) markets in both the Isle of Man and the UK. There mission is to lead by example, driving positive change in banking, putting our customers first every time.
The banking industry is undergoing major structural change driven by the twin forces of financial technology and regulatory enlightenment. There has never been a better time to be a small bank.
The role is considered to be one of great importance as the successful candidate will be providing financial information to be used in both a strategic and operational context. The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Production of monthly management accounts or the Group's UK subsidiaries and handle stakeholder relationships
- Continuous improvement of management accounts incorporating KPI's, variance and trend analyses, ratios and other management information
- Manage the integration of new business lines onto the relevant IT platform and ensure correct are maintained
- Manage the integration of new business lines onto the relevant IT platform and ensure correct accounting postings and mapping into SUN
- A fully qualified accountant with a recognised professional body
- Management reporting
Ideally the candidate will have experience in the following:
- Previous management accounting experience - analysing data to provide insightful commentary
Strong core management accounting for UK Groups
Sound and proven ability to effectively manage production of monthly and year end financial accounts
Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and planning
Advanced Excel manipulation skills
£45,000 plus other benefits