The primary function of this role is to support Investment Management activities by reconciling cash records per the Company accounting system to bank records highlighting any discrepancies for investigation and resolution, and manage cash exposure on a daily basis.
My client is a a leader in financial services industry in the heart of Cardiff. They are looking for a candidate with good knowledge of reconciliations and controls as well as excellent people management skills as the role will be developing and leading a team of cash accountants and there will be extensive engagement with senior department staff and stakeholders.
Primary function of the PMC Cash Accounting Team is to support LGIM's Investment Management activities by reconciling PMC cash records per the Company accounting system to bank records highlighting any discrepancies for investigation and resolution and manage PMC cash exposure on a daily basis.
- Proactively manage the Cash Accounting Team
- Implement department strategy as necessary through staff
- Ensure team structure supports the service provision and is organised appropriately
- Identify processes and service enhancements, or potential risks, to ensure the client service provided is of the highest standard and remains fully compliant
- Manage the resolution of complex outstanding items, business issues and rectify anomalies to ensure high-level of customer service
- Undertake quality assurance of work to ensure errors are minimised.
- Produce insightful and meaningful MI reporting to management highlighting trends, analysis, errors.
- Strong technical investment process knowledge/experience
- FS background (desirable)
- Extensive reconciliations experience
- Proven experience of managing a team
- Good accounting knowledge up to trial balance
- Track record of dealing with and influencing upwards to more senior managers
- Collaborative and personalised approach to service commitment, delivery and continuous improvement
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple projects and producing quality deliverable on time and within budget
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with an ability to articulate issues clearly and logically
- Excellent people management skills
- Strong analytic and written skills
- Developed presentation skills
If successful you will have a wide range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary and a generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 27 days holiday + bank
- Private Medical Insurance
- Discretionary performance related bonuses
- Discounts on a huge range of high street stores