Interim Project Accountant
Be part of an excellent team at an established Housing Association as it moves on the next stage in its development and progression
An established and well respected Housing Association in Hertfordshire
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Head of Development Finance, Financial Controller and other members of the Finance team on ad-hoc projects.
- Review elements of the key internal control environment.
- Support and improve the finance system
- Assist in the collation of regulatory returns
- Owning the fixed asset register ensuring that it is fully reconciled and complete.
- Owning the Assets and Liabilities register.
- Being a point of expertise in Financial Accounting matters.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Have experienced in producing a set of financial statements, ideally in a regulated sector.
- Have good knowledge of accounting policies and SORPs relating to social housing
- Communicate complex financial information to non-Finance colleagues.
- Thrive under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Find ways to improve efficiencies and effectiveness
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum for a 6-9 month FTC