Treasury Consultant #293 @ Food Security & Environmental Agency
Treasury Consultant #293
Food Security & Environmental Agency
Day rate of £300-£400
Our partner works to address global environmental challenges, and enhance food and water security. They are seeking a consultant to review and support them in strengthening their treasury management. The scope of this consultancy is very wide and ranges from policy to very operational matters; the Director of Finance is open to considering this as one complete piece of work, or two separate pieces (one focussing on the policy, and the other on operations).
Scope of Work
- Review and undertake a risk assessment of the treasury function, identifying an initial set of areas for improvement/clarification and key mitigating actions that should exist within the organisation.
- Review banking arrangements in country offices, confirming existing banking arrangements, review how credit cards are managed, and drafting a document that can be used to select new banks in country offices.
- Working with country managers to understand current challenges of transferring funds, and identify the time taken for reach country offices under the current system.
- Develop a new systems for transferring funds, including, drafting guidelines on which payments are made by the HQ and country offices, and training country accountants.
- Review petty cash management and how payments in cash are made.
- Degree in accountancy, commerce or business administration with 5 years of experience working in a treasury function in an international organisation. Experience of this within an INGO, working in challenging environments.
- Effective team player, able to build relationships and communicate well with internal stakeholders, in person and remotely.
- Culturally sensitive, experience of training/coaching staff.
- Experienced MsExcel user; additionally, experience in using an ERP and project management system.
Day rate of £300-£400 depending on experience.
The client will additionally cover the cost of flights, accommodation, visa and in-country travel.
Immediate starts preferred.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.