Reporting into the Head of Finance, this Financial Accountant will provide support with financial services and accounting. Statutory accounting and financial control will be required, preparing for government and internal audits.
This reputation holding and pioneering arts organisation, attracts visitors and work from around the world. Having various projects and streams of revenue, they are requiring a financial accountant to help assist in their consolidation of accounts.
- Lead the annual reporting and accounts for audit.
- Ensuring the statutory reporting is within government regulations and there is an appropriate financial control environment.
- Reporting on cash flow, quarterly VAT returns and month end balance sheets.
- Whilst handling the integrity of the financial data, lead and manage the system based accounting service
- Develop and maximise the use of the system working alongside the Head of Finance and liaising with the Information Systems Department.
- Line manage a Financial Assistant, guiding with training and on the job coaching.
- Ad hoc management accounting
You will be a qualified accountant of two years or more, with the understanding of applying UK GAAP and SORP 2015. Having experienced financial statements you will have the knowledge of complex spreadsheets and detail orientated reporting. This role requires experience in preparing and managing all tax matters and working to tight deadlines. Applications from all financial accounting backgrounds are welcome but those with previous staff management experience are desirable.