This business is looking for a Cash Controller to join the Treasury team within the Finance function in Potters Bar. Alongside three other Cash Controllers, the candidate will be responsible for managing all cash transactions across a number of operating companies as well as processing the weekly upload of funds to site payment cards.
The community services company, listed on the London Stock Exchange, is provider of specialist social care and education services to adults and children in the UK. This role will provide the successful candidate with opportunities to gain broad experience within the finance function of a developing business, particularly in understanding the cashflow of a listed business and developing the candidate's communication and reporting skills.
The Cash Controller will be responsible for:
- Calculating and uploading weekly budgets to site payment cards
- Monitoring the budget mail inbox, liaising with site administrators and site managers to solve queries around homes budgets, allowances and additional petty cash uploads
- Liaising with bank representatives regarding cheque cancellations and other day to day banking issues
- Assist colleagues with bank and cash related queries
- Monitoring and processing of service user monies transactions
- Daily tracking of banking transactions and posting into finance system
- Process cheques, bank transfers and electronic payments in line with company policies and authorisation to facilitate intercompany transfers and weekly payment runs
- Record direct debit & standing order mandates
- Ensure accuracy of control accounts
- Ad-hoc duties and assistance with projects as required
- Good system skills including intermediate excel
- Excellent communication skills and ability to identify issues and use initiative to solve problems
- Accounting experience would be useful, but not essential
- Self-motivated team player with willingness to help others and go above and beyond their formal role
- Exercise the upmost discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Good arithmetic skills
- Organised and methodical approach to work
The Cash Controller will be in a large team with opportunity for progression, in a growing company who have a friendly and bubbly environment where you can grow.