Manager, Internal Audit, Risk Advisory Services - Canberra
- Work with iconic government and industry clients
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
We are looking for a Manager within the Internal Audit, Risk Advisory team in our Canberra office. You can be part of an innovative and dynamic team, offering a new level of excellence in Internal Audit business transformation. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
Your key responsibilities
- Leading and guiding the team and client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and strategies which comply with professional standards
- Advising clients to understand and manage business risks and verify the validity of business information
- Nurturing client relationships to achieve service expectations, deliverables and outcomes
- Partnering with top tier clients, addressing compliance, financial and operational risk, and assessing the client's current state internal controls and framework in order to mitigate risk
- Keeping up to date with internal audit industry trends and briefing the engagement team on the client's internal audit environment
- Streamlining the team's operations and consulting with senior management on progress
- Significant experience successfully operating at Manager level, ideally working for a blue chip, government or professional services organisation as an Internal Auditor or Internal Audit Risk Advisor.
- Experience in Internal Audit, carrying out compliance and advisory/performance based reviews.
- Thorough understanding of compliance, financial and operational risks, including performing internal controls testing and developing internal audit plans
- Experience and knowledge in risk assessment, mitigation and remediation
- Practical and solution oriented approach to identify technical developments, and evaluate and advise impacts
- Extensive knowledge of our client's business and industry (Federal government experience advantageous)
- High level communication and engagement skills, including exceptional report writing abilities
- Strong business acumen, commercially focused attitude
- Inspiring leadership capability with the motivation to develop others, build high performing teams and effectively delegate with appropriate levels of support
- Excellent project management skills including ability to lead fieldwork
Our Advisory service line focuses on helping clients to improve their performance and manage their risks more effectively. From an improved finance function, enhanced supply chain, or superior customer experience, EY teams are able to offer added value and turn our client's strategy into reality! This is why Advisory is the fastest-growing service line and an energetic, fast-paced environment. Learn more about Advisory here .
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges , career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Build your legacy with us. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.