Financial Services - Manager, Banking
Manager, Financial Services Assurance
About the role
EY’s Financial Services (FS) practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and enjoys the full technical support of one of our existing centres of excellence, Edinburgh.
Manage your audit group and business unit in an efficient manner, minimising the level of debtors and work in progress in the portfolio, and maximising fee opportunities. Identify and convert all sales opportunities for Audit and other service lines. Manage risk to the firm by adhering to the risk management policies and procedures. You will ideally have a wealth of Banking experience as well as experience auditing controls.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people and in doing so, we play a critical role in attracting and retaining our future leaders of tomorrow.
By 2020, we will be a US$50 billion distinctive professional services organization that delivers on our promises to stakeholders through exceptional client service. There couldn’t be a better time to join us and be a part of our ambitious growth plans.
- Deliver value to the client by providing knowledge, ideas and solutions for improving the business, assess legal implications. Secure and enhance relationships with senior client management.
- Assign teams that will meet and exceed the clients' expectations in standards of service and client care.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate external network of business contacts.
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in all interactions with the client.
- Ensure engagements are executed in accordance with the firm's methodologies and guidance, professional standards, and local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the technical correctness and presentational standard of all client deliverables. Approve engagement budgets and agree fees, where appropriate.
- Lead and coordinate the planning and management of assignments in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manage the delivery of other services to designated clients, where appropriate.
- Liaise with other service lines and other audit managers to ensure efficient utilisation of knowledge and resources to deliver services.
People responsibilities - as a Manager you will:
- Counsel, coach and mentor staff.
- Appraise staff in a constructive and timely manner and ensure all team members do the same.
- Manage the execution of the Professional Development Plans of his or her people to build their careers.
- Ensure that the engagement partner is informed about important audit or accounting issues on a timely basis.
- ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- Degree qualified
- Public company audit experience within last 18 months
- PCAOB experience would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent technical and industry sector expertise – Financial Services particularly Banking experience Team and peer leadership skills Demonstrate successful management of a number of Major clients/projects (eg sizeable PLC's)
Who we are EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.