Group Financial Controller
An opportunity has arisen for a Group Financial Controller to join a leading trade organisation based in central London.
My client is one of the largest trade organisations in the UK and they are based in central London.
This Group Financial Controller role reports directly to the the Group Finance Director and has overall financial responsibility for the UK business and 3 international subsidiaries. This role will lead a team of 3 with remote line management for 2 Finance Managers based abroad.
- To prepare year end financial statements for the business and to consolidate the group accounts
- To prepare and review monthly management accounts with budget holders, focusing on full year forecast prediction versus budget. Identifying and managing risks and opportunities.
- To prepare and update annual budgets, working with Group FD and budget holders.
- Continuous improvement of the new accounting system; helping to improve its effectiveness, working hand-in-hand with Excel reporting modules where appropriate.
- To be a strong business partner with the budget holders, working with them to understand the business and help them understand Finance.
- Responsibility for a finance team of three staff including performance appraisals ongoing development etc.
- Quarterly VAT returns and EC lists and recovery of EC VAT, investment fund reconciliation, annual Corporation tax pack preparation.
Further detail available on request
The successful Group Financial Controller will have the following:
- Qualified finance professional e.g. ACA, ACCA or CIMA ideally gained in practice, with proven post qualification experience.
- Strong practical knowledge of UK GAAP/FRS102 within an SME context
- Excellent reporting background - statutory/management accounts/consolidated statements.
- Strong IT user - PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Vision, Financial Force or similar cube-based integrated accounting system.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal. Ability to develop and deliver presentations at all levels.
- Experience within the Industrial/Manufacturing/Automotive sectors desirable
Basic salary of up to £70,000 + bonus & benefits.