Senior Specialist, Client Service (Corporate Trust)
The Senior Specialist has primary responsibility for the management of a number of Debt Structures for Corporate Trust Clients and serves as the key day-to-day client contact. The Client Service Senior Specialist is also responsible for servicing the overall Client relationship ensuring delivery of our contractual obligations. Key Responsibility for building Client Partnerships.
The Senior Specialist will quickly address and resolve problems, possess strong decision-making and organizational skills, and will communicate effectively with Group Manager, internal shared service partners and with internal and external clients. The Senior Specialist will also actively assist the Group Manager with developing and driving new strategic plan initiatives.
Essential Functions – Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Day to day oversight of the assigned portfolios to ensure high Client Experience Levels
- Cash & Trade Oversight – ability to engage with Clients to ensure timely execution
- Report Review and preparation
- Continuous dialogue and open communication with Lead Manager and Group Manager on status of work being completed by supporting teams
- Leads and Chairs Client Meetings and ensure minutes and follow up items are closed out
- Develop strong working relationships with Front Office Relationship Managers
- Identify and resolve issues while serving as a high-level escalation point for complex situations and ensure that they are brought to a successful resolution
- Employee Development: Key role in training of support team on Client and deal specific requirements
- Partner with Global Group Managers to identify and streamline business operations. Support the efforts to enhance controls by standardizing relevant business processes and consistently managing/monitoring those activities to ensure quality and accuracy. Support key business programs, including business and process improvements which drive greater operational efficiencies and superior client service
- Serve as an escalation point and communicate effectively with other internal shared services, external investment managers, brokers and clients. This role sets the directions and tones for the client service administration elements of our business and therefore drives overall client relationships and risk management
- To proactively monitor and manage the activities performed within our business partners
- To hold regular meetings and escalate any concerns
What we are looking for:
- Proven Corporate Trust or related financial markets/securities industry experience and proven financial services industry experience.
- Strong Client Management Experience
- Ability to review deal governing documents
- Experience in Custody and Settlements
- Experience with Commercial Paper, MTNs, Tri Party Repo, Collateral Monitoring, Securities Lending a plus.
- Solid understanding of the product(s) administered by the group and thorough understanding of risk management and control practices.
- Experience in managing multiple deliverables.
- To proactively monitor and manage the activities performed within our business partners outside of Ireland
- Ability to quickly address issues – strong decision making
- Strong Financial Services Technical Skills
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel
- Opportunity for further academic training
- Opportunity to join site wide business resource groups
- Opportunity to participate in innovation programmes
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.