Veritas Accountants, a newly established independent firm of Accountants and Business Advisers based in Manchester City Centre, are currently looking for a Tax Apprentice to work within their expanding Tax Department. With a modern outlook, we value our employees and offer progression and stability within a friendly and progressive working culture.
As a Tax Apprentice your time will be split between meeting clients, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
Our clients range from individuals and owner managed businesses to large corporates. Our clients operate in a broad range of sectors, for example retail, media, financial services, infrastructure, real estate and many more.
Your typical day will vary between:
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of our clients;
- Assisting seniors and managers with research, reports and other client deliverables for advisory projects;
- Nurturing client relationships through meetings and developing an understanding of their business/industry;
- Attending in-house training;
- Studying towards your professional qualification.
What we are looking for
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
For further information and to apply please visit our website via the button below.