(One-year contract) Operations Support Associate/Consultant, Tax, Singapore
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enables you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, People Advisory Services, Indirect Tax Services, as well as International and Transaction Tax Services.
You will join a global network that understands what businesses need to have access, visibility and control. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience with a standard global compliance process and web-based tools to help you execute your job. In one country or many, you have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the compliance function, with tax compliance, statutory accounts preparation and tax accounting calculation support.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop and support projects/products based on.NET/C# and SQL Server technology
- Use established work procedures to analyze, design, develop, implement, maintain, re-engineer and troubleshoot tax-based desktop and web-based applications
- Apply software design methodologies in the design and development of new and existing products
Skills and attributes for success
- Application of software design methodologies in the design and development of new and existing products
- Design, code, test, debug and document software according to the functional requirements
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and possess initiative
- Positive work attitude, team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Work commitment and quality consciousness
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A degree in IT or equivalent qualification
- Experience in programming with C# using Visual Studio.NET
- Experience in web development using.NET framework. Experience in Azure will be an advantage
- Knowledge of Transact – SQL
- A good understanding of the following concepts:
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Data Transaction and Analytics
- Entity-Relationship (ER) modeling and database design
- N-tier and N-layered architecture
- MVC architecture
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and testing patterns
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Ideally, you also have
- Knowledge of Taxation or accounting
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server
- Experience working in public accounting firms and accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.