Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
ABOUT THE ROLE:
To prepare the financial statements of entities administered by NTIFASGL in a timely, efficient and accurate manner adhering to the highest standards; to be involved in the review process for financial statements of entities prepared by other members of the team; ensure good communication with all parties involved in the process.
- Preparing the timetable for accounts production. Circulation of timetable to clients and other interested parties
- Designing the proforma accounts on Excel/Word, ensuring that layout, content & disclosures are in accordance with the Principal Documents of the fund ,legal, GAAP (UK, IFRS, US) and other requirements (fund SORPs)
- Agreeing the proforma with the client and other interested parties incorporating their comments
- Planning and co-ordinating the dividend exercise with clients and other departments.
- Preparation of “available income schedules”.
- Preparing dividend input forms.
- Notifying interested parties that a dividend has been declared.
Preparation of accounts
- Liaising with other departments regarding the closing down of the accounting periods.
- Checking ledger integrity.
- Compiling the accounts using Excel/Word workbooks.
- Preparing a standard accounts file.
- Completing appropriate checklists.
- Co-ordinating the audits and assisting with audit queries.
- Liaising with printers.
- Preparing accounts for Manager review
- Processing review points.
- Sending accounts for inclusion in board packs
Submission and filings
- Submitting GFSC and Stock Exchange notifications and announcements.
- Liaison with other departments in collating information for US tax returns.
- Preparation and submission of Guernsey tax returns.
Review of accounts
- Review accounts produced by fellow staff members, to ensure company standards are followed and layout, content & disclosures are in accordance with the Principal Documents of the fund ,legal, GAAP (UK, IFRS, US) and other requirements (fund SORPs).
- Assisting staff members to fully complete the accounts preparation process, assist with clearing audit or client queries.
Training and supervising
- Acting as mentor to trainees
- Delegation of certain tasks.
- Setting priorities.
- Monitoring their progress.
- Conduct constructive reviews of their work.
- Growing a culture of good practice.
- Compliance and regulation: Understands key compliance issues.
- Develop, train and motivate your team to achieve business objectives
- Lead by example and promote teamwork.
- Promote the continuous development of relevant knowledge and skills through effective use of the appraisal process, interim reviews and coaching, and evaluation of the results.
- Develop/maintain effective channels of communication at all levels
- Ensure that effective communication processes are, consistent with the company’s communication strategy and standards.
- Ensure that all members of staff understand those company/department objectives that are relevant to them, and what they are expected to contribute towards achieving them.
- Additional tasks: Fulfil additional, relevant, tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements
- The ideal candidate will hold an accountancy qualification (essential) and possess experience in preparing accounts.
- Experience in a funds or financial services environment is strongly preferred
- Good IT skills
- Accurate under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Good timekeeping, planning
- Previous supervisory experience
- Knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS / UK GAAP)
- Knowledge of company law
- Knowledge of accounting standards (US GAAP) (not essential)
- Ability to work on own initiative and with autonomy
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.