Senior Auditor - Accounting Advisory Services
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
A career in Audit at Deloitte & Touche Middle East is a key link in the financial reporting chain, putting you in the position of trusted advisor to businesses across the region. Your people skills will be required for the latter, while your analytical mind will be another integral requirement for success. You will need the flexibility to implement our international audit approach while bringing to the fore your understanding of the complexities and unique circumstances of our clients and the business landscape across our diverse region. All this while adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity
During your tenure as a Senior in Accounting Advisory Services, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Delivery of accounting advisory services to range of clients
- Willingness to undertake business development activities and an ability to identify opportunities
- Discuss technical issues at client meetings as required
- Delivery of accounting advisory services internally to support engagements delivered by other Deloitte teams
- Development of specialist technical skills and knowledge in IFRS
- Commitment to staying current with developments in accounting locally and internationally
- Assess the impact of new accounting standards, proposed transactions or other regulatory changes.
- Build and maintain strong networks internally and externally in order to grow the pipeline of accounting advisory services work
- Report directly to Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners at the planning, execution and wrap-up stages of accounting advisory services engagements
- Coach and mentor junior team members and conduct performance review by contributing to performance feedback for staff and ensure work is of a high quality, delivered in a timely fashion and in compliance with firm policies.
- Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- A bachelor's degree in finance and/ or accounting
- Minimum 3- years of experience working as an auditor/ consultant or technical resource for a public accounting firm
- CPA/ CA/ ACCA certification
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing processes and techniques
- Proven experience with IFRS
- Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
- Solid team working skills with the ability to work with different people from diverse backgrounds in the diverse accounting advisory services team
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
- Keen to develop technical and other attributes of assigned team members
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.