Working at General Dental Council
To lead on all aspects of purchase ledger management for the GDC. To support the efficient operation of the GDC staff payroll. To provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect of payment of invoices through the accounting ledgers and purchase order management system.
- Process invoices on a daily basis to meet scheduled payment runs.
- Communicate with external suppliers to ensure statements are reconciled on a frequent basis and corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are produced for monthly aged creditors, debtors and others if required.
- Ensure receipts are banked in accordance with the insurance specification and effective documentation is kept for audit purposes.
- Support the cheque, BACs and credit card refund processes.
- Process all staff expenses claims and maintain accurate records.
- Ensure the requirements of external and internal customers are met and all expense claims and invoices are processed within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure relationships with internal and external stakeholders are managed proactively and effectively.
- Undertake other tasks as requested from time to time by the Financial Controller to facilitate the smooth running of the team.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- AAT qualified (desirable).
- Knowledge of e-procurement systems and other accounting packages.
- Experience gained working in a similar role within a similar sized department.
- Experience of payroll processing.
Skills and Abilities
- Computer literate and proficient in the MS Office suite including Word, Access, Excel, and an accounting package such as Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly organised and ability to work to agreed deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- A demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity.
In return for your commitment, you can look forward to working for an organisation that offers an attractive package of benefits including a generous pension scheme, flexi-time and 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 5 years’ service).
Closing date: 23:59 on Friday 27th September 2019 - Early applications are invited and will be assessed on a first come, first served basis.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 5th, Friday 6th, Thursday 12th and Friday 13th September initially
The General Dental Council values equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.