International Financial Accountant
Our impressive global client based in Oxford is seeking a Finalist level Accountant to join their Finance team as the Finance point of contact for 16 countries!
Our client is an impressive global business with their head offices based in Oxford. They are looking to hire a technically strong accountant into this pivotal role within their Finance team.
The main purpose of this International Financial Accountant role is to support the Finance Controller with managing the accounting functions within the projects and local offices in line with the appropriate accounting standards and provide for accurate assessment of financial performance. The role will involve:
Ensure that project invoicing for the month is complete by the required deadline and that the underlying rates accurately reflect the agreed rates for any given project.
Review the local office cashbooks to ensure that all project costs are captured accurately and in a timely manner.
Calculate and post project journals for accrued costs, deferred revenue, and accrued revenue and ensure that any risks are properly provided for.
Review the WIP, deferred sales, accrued income and recognised revenue balances to ensure that the correct level of revenue has been recognised.
Prepare project-level monthly management accounts (including portfolio, programme and individual performance reports)
Provide reports and analysis of the performance including: Project revenue reports, Project variance reports, against budget and forecast, Profitability and performance reports for the local offices against budget and forecast.
Ensure that all appropriate local office VAT returns are made on a timely basis as well as the submission of any other tax calculations in the countries of the local offices.
Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations as required ensuring reconciling items are cleared promptly.
The successful International Financial Accountant will be:
Preferably part-qualified or Finalist ACCA/CIMA
Have proven corporate management accounting experience.
- Proven experience and skill in building productive relationships internally particularly at remote office locations.
- Experience of supporting overseas offices is preferred - the ability to understand their needs and to guide and advise accordingly.
- Excellent numeracy and IT skills (especially Excel) and very good attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to use own initiative productively.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and maintain a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Tact and sensitivity
The successful International Financial Accountant can expect to earn £35,000-45,000 dependent upon level of qualification and experience. Plus a generous benefits package.