Assistant Finance Manager
Assisting the Finance Manager with all aspects of Accounts, including Management Accounts.
A prestigious medium sized business based in the Teddington area with free parking provided and easy access via public transport.
The Assistant Finance Manager role involves;
- Assist the Finance Manager with managing and developing internal financial controls.
- Prepare monthly trial balance and management accounts for review by Finance Manager.
- Reconciliation of monthly/weekly payroll data to Nominal Ledger.
- Analysis and reconciliation of Balance sheet
- Review and updating of standard operating procedures.
- Maintain the computerised Cash Book and reconcile with Bank statements, highlighting discrepancies and taking action as required.
- Liaise with sales ledger administrator and departments to advise receipt of Bacs payments for posting to front office sales systems.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure accounting records, accruals and prepayments are correct.
- Produce Management Information in timely manner as required by Senior Management
- Manage and maintain the fixed asset register and carry out physical asset checks and to manage the asset life programme in conjunction with the Facilities Department.
- Monitor the debtor position.
- Assist with budgeting process.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT return.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to manage the year-end audit process.
- Provide cover for finance staff during periods of absence.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects or tasks and other duties as required by the Finance Department.
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Finance Manager role will:
- have worked in a varied Accounts role previously
- ideally have some Management Accounting experience (not essential)
- ideally be studying AAT/CIMA/ACCA (not essential)
- live within a commutable distance of Teddington
The Assistant Finance Manager role can pay £25-30,000 + great benefits including; free meals, training and career development, company pension and private healthcare, free parking.