An rewarding opportunity for a progressive candidate looking to build their career in finance for this growing Engineering business in St. Ives. Working as an Accounts Assistant you will have responsibility across both the Purchase and Sales Ledgers, as well as assisting in the complete month end processes.
This growing Engineering business in St. Ives are in need of a forward thinking and progressive candidate to develop their career in finance alongside the development of the business. The Accounts Assistant role will sit within an experienced Finance team who are able to provide continued growth and progression.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assist and ensure accurate and timely payments and accounts are appropriately service
- Reconcile the bank account/cash book
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions, assisting the senior finance team
- Complete monthly, quarterly returns
- Ensure Accurate accounting for VAT, subcontractors tax
- Assist in ad hoc projects, tasks and reports as and when required
The successful candidate for the Accounts Assistant role be:
- Actively wanting to pursue their AAT qualification
- A forward thinking and progressive candidate eager to build their career in finance
- Confident user of Excel would be advantageous
- Confident in building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
The successful candidate for the Accounts Assistant role will be joining a growing Engineering business at an exciting time as they continue to grow. Sitting in the St. Ives team you will receive a competitive salary and full study support, a truly rewarding role for the right candidate.