Accounts payable Clerk
This Accounts Payable Clerk role is an exciting opportunity to work for a rapidly expanding PR company based in Central London.
My client is looking for a candidate who is familiar with the basics of the accounts payable process and functions within the context of a finance department and the business as a whole.
My client is an award winning PR company, specialising in Media, Arts and Culture. Based in an easily accessible central London location, it is easy to get to from both Over and Underground public transport links. vacancy has opened up in the Accountancy team due to internal promotion.
Responsibilities for this Accounts Payable Clerk Role:
- Managing the Accounts Payable inbox, handling customer and staff enquiries, printing invoices and reconciliation of statements.
- Processing of purchase ledger invoices, matching invoices to purchase orders, scanning processed invoices.
- Analysis of suggestions and making recommendations for weekly payment runs.
- Maintaining record of agreed and upcoming payments in accountancy team.
- Reconciling and compiling various reports: e.g. monthly company wide reports on franking costs, printing costs, and taxi costs.
- Ordering, dispensing, and reconciling petty cash floats and petty cash disbursements in multiple currencies as required.
- Dealing with expense claims.
- General office admin work as required.
The successful Accounts Payable Clerk candidate will be:
- Familiar with the basics of the accounts payable process and functions within the context of a finance department and the business as a whole.
- Numerate, able to explain basis of calculated figures.
- Attentive to finer detail and accuracy with data entry.
- Knowledgeabe of basic UK VAT rules.
- Capable of dealing with customers and colleagues in a polite and professional manner.
- Basic Excel skills.
- Familiarity with accounts software and concepts therein.
- Flexibility and commitment to the team as a whole, able to work to deadlines.
Benefits package includes but is not limited to:
- Tailored accountancy study package with leave available.
- 20 days holiday (Increased annually by one day.
- Great social calender