- The position will incorporate using your accountancy skill set picked up through qualification and allow you to further your managerial experience.
- An essential part of the role with be the management of the month end process to ensure all deadlines are met and quality standards are upheld. These standards will also be implemented and in accordance with UK FRS 102, to ensure that these are in guidance for external auditors.
- Ensure that the UK business meets the SOX and controls requirements.
- Further to your management of the month-end process, you will look after the companies property lease portfolio across the UK.
- You will also be granted with managing the Treasury team and ensure all of their tasks are completed in a timely manner to the appropriate standard.
- Drive continuous improvement of business processes and communications. Identify and implement initiatives that reduce non-value added and repetitive aspects of accounting.
- The role is targeted for those looking to make their initial move from a top-tier accountancy practice (Big 4/Top 10) at an Assistant Manager or Manager level. Alternatively, you may also have experience within industry and have prepared accounts in a business since leaving practice.
- ACA/ACCA Qualification.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and being resourceful to truly add value to finance function.
- You will need to be a team player and have experience in mentoring/managing individuals appropriately to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Experience of auditing/working within large and complex international businesses.
- Background in reporting in accordance to US and UK GAAP is preferable, although a working knowledge of this would also be appropriate.
- A knowledge of SAP would be beneficial although not essential.
- A very strong salary as listed on the advert (flexible).
- Excellent company benefits programme including a bonus and a company car.
- Scope for progression across finance and the wider business.
- International travel opportunities in the future.