Leading Logistics business in Chippenham. This is a newly created position and you will be a key member of the organisation.
Leading Logistics business in Chippenham. This is a newly created position and you will be a key member of the organisation, providing assurance to senior management through the design, communication and monitoring of processes and controls.
As the Finance Process & Controls Manager you will join the Central Finance team. This newly created role will provide assurance to senior management through the design, communication and monitoring of processes and controls across finance teams with particular focus on change projects, quality of financial services & conformance with standard procedures and policies.
You will have responsibility for:
- Delivery of an annual Financial Assurance Plan to test and improve controls and procedures including a quarterly report for the Financial Assurance Committee
- Risk review of all major change projects that involve finance processes and controls
- Maintenance and documentation of Finance Policies
- Maintenance and documentation of Finance BCP
- Creating of best practice Standard Operating Procedures for finance
- Quality review of Central Finance services including controls testing and risk assessment
- Offer process guidance and best practice to Finance teams and act as point of contact for queries
- To promote quality guidelines and held teams to achieve process and service excellence
- A Qualified Accountant with proven post qualification experience. (ACA,ACCA preferable)
- High integrity and capability to identify and mitigate risk
- A strong technical accounting background and practical experience of setting up and testing control environments
- Ability to visualise processes, understand dependencies and needs, then simplify and standardise
- Strong documenting and report writing skills to provide balanced, insightful and practical outputs
- Experience of testing controls and self-assessments, then making improvements
- Comfortable working under pressure and in effective teams
£60k + Car Allowance & Bonus