Financial Accountant - 9M FTC
Accenture is a finance, technology and consulting company delivering change for our clients and our people across the globe. We’re helping drive a technology revolution—from digital to cloud to security—that’s sweeping across industries and governments in virtually every country. We collaborate with our clients—including 80% of the Fortune 500—to transform their businesses to anticipate the evolving needs of their customers. At the same time, we strive to enable our people to build their careers in an open environment of inclusion and diversity, complemented by our competitive employee benefits approach.
Our Global Finance team works at the heart of Dublin’s digital docklands to provide strategic, operational and analytical support across Accenture’s Global businesses. We drive career progression and skills development because we recognise that we succeed only when our people grow.
The UKI part qualified accountant is responsible for the controllership side of the UKI financials. The role has a strong excel focus and is geared towards delivering relevant and quality business information to local controllership.
- Preparation of monthly analytical review on P&L and Balance Sheet including variance explanation.
- Month end preparation and review of various types of journals to ensure US GAAP compliant and working with local CFM to understand business events.
- Involved in the preparation of the P&L Dashboard and Balance Sheet report for the UKI Finance Director on a monthly basis.
- Perform monthly internal controls in compliance with Sarbox
- Quarter End reporting to Global – balance sheet deliverables.
- Account reconciliations and analysis for both US and UK GAAP compliant accounts.
- Preparation of supporting schedules and working papers for Statutory Audit
- Provide accounting support to the Team Lead/Manager including responses to ad hoc requests
- Involvement in setting up and improving on accounting processes with a view to making them more efficient
- Develop in-depth knowledge of tools and applications in support of General Ledger processing.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Accenture's business.
- Become a point of contract for the UKI Finance community.
- Meet key reporting deadlines on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Develop knowledge and understanding of performance metrics and strive to meet and exceed them.
- Ability to multi task and provide cross team support as required
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Qualifications and Competencies
- Thorough knowledge of Accounting Principles.
- Minimum of at least 1-2 year’s experience in an accounting environment.
- Degree in Business, Finance or equivalent qualification required.
- Experience of Accounting Systems with knowledge of SAP being an advantage.
- Analytical and computer skills in MS Office, strong Excel as definite advantage.
- Positive attitude and flexibility.
- Interest in working in a multi-national business environment.
- Customer focused.
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high quality work standards.
- Strong team working skills.
- Strong time mgt., organisational skills.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.