Senior Team Manager-Credit
The Credit Management process in Finance Operations (FO) aims to provide reliable, consistent and professional services of credit assessment, debt collection, debt recovery and cash application & allocation for Shell. Overall, this process aims to improve working capital by minimizing bad debt, reducing overdue amounts and balancing credit risk with business opportunities. It is imperative that Credit maintains proximity to business strategies and being instrumental in deployment of fit for purpose Credit e2e process in accordance to the changing needs of Shell businesses.
This is a new position following a decision to centralize the Credit Management support for the commercial Technology Licensing & Services (TLS) business which is part of the Projects & Technology (P&T) organization, in FO KL. The role of Senior Team Manager-Credit P&T is responsible for delivering this e2e credit management framework for Project & Technology (PT) Technology Licensing & Services (TLS) globally. This role also requires strategic thought process to contribute to the wider group improvement initiatives, linked to but not limited to Credit IPP (Integrated Process Plan) thereby involving engagements with multiple senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead a global P&T (TLS) team based out of KL/CBJ while ensuring effective virtual working within P&T colleagues world-wide across ~45 countries.
- Key stakeholders are P&T Finance, senior business/finance leaders from P&T/Upstream in designated programs.
- Lead P&T (TLS) Credit team in developing, deploying and sustaining effective Credit Management framework.
- Deliver standard credit operating model globally as well as Process Experts for P&T.
- Deliver strategic improvements to achieve world class efficiency and effectiveness aligned to Credit IPP; operationalize delivery of process ambitions and commitments.
- Deliver operational excellence leveraging on impactful and visible process metrics and productivity measures, complimented by robust business continuity strategy. Ensure structured ways of working and fit-for-purpose monitoring mechanism enabling timely intervention. Own process dashboard for the portfolio and use as an engagement tool with the business
- Role model and cultivate CI behaviours; lead the identification and realization of both value and cost opportunities; drive ESSA and leverage on digitalization agenda to explore smart automation.
- Ensure robust risk and control framework built upon effective periodic review, flawless execution of controls and compliance initiatives and best in class control performance. Support any audit and investigative review of the assigned portfolio.
- Foster environment that encourages Learning from Incidents, best practice/knowledge sharing within and across teams supported by comprehensive root causes analysis and sustainable solutions implementation. Ensure all process issues are promptly remediated and that business and functional stakeholders are engaged.
- Ensure compliance (internal and external) and sensible adherence to the fundamentals of standard accounting principles, policies and standards
- Embed Process Capabilities agenda encompassing robust competency framework and assessment process, learning and development programs as well as knowledge management standards. Develop greater understanding of business/market(s) with credit risks. Ensure process documentation including WIs are updated and retained
- Maintain optimal organization structure and consistently deliver quality performance within budget
- World Class People: building and sustaining high performing culture
- Ensure staff is engaged and aligned with organisational priorities
- Responsible for resource planning and management encompassing right recruitment, transition management, talent development and succession planning
- Role model and embed Leaders Developing Leaders and Supervisors Expectations
- Coach and develop leaders/ talents and experts in the team
- Effective performance management and appraisal across all levels, with regular constructive feedback
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.