Payroll Officer position working for a UK wide retail organisation in Cardiff. Paying a competitive market salary working with a alrge payroll team that are all friendly and helpful.
The client are a household name in the retail industry and have a really strong presence in South Wales. They are growing year on year and have an excellent progression scheme for employees.
Key responsibilities are:
- Input all data including, new starts, leavers, tax code changes, court orders, monthly hours, store bonus and any other adhoc data.
- Calculate and input SSP, SMP and SPP, ensuring payments are in line with statutory legislation.
- Maintain up to date absence record cards.
- Run monthly report to ensure pay rates are updated in line with National Minimum Wage.
- Complete all payroll input in line with agreed timetable.
- Process payruns (first run, final run & supplementary runs as appropriate) in line with agreed timetable ensuring that payroll is fully checked and complete by the BACS processing deadline.
- Process BACS Recalls as instructed by payroll team in Cardiff.
- Print all payslips & P45 Forms.Arrange distribution of payslips to stores, Head Office and Warehouse, ensuring payslips are received on or prior to date of payment.
- Process all monthly reports and ensure they are available to payroll team in Cardiff by agreed timetable.
- File all statutory reports (FPS Files) with HMRC on or before each pay date
The successful candidate would be someone that has extensive experience with payroll. Understanding how to payroll over 5,000 employees is essential, the ability to work alongside team members and work collaboratively is important. However, having a very autonomous outlook and be able to do work independently and sufficiently is vital.
On offer is a competitive market salary with excellent benefits of working for a UK retail organisation. 28 days holiday while being accessible to good public transport links.