Director of Internal Audit Services
Director of Internal Audit Services
Posting Number: 0001333
Location: District Office
Salary: $8,506-$10,363 per month
Under the direction of the Chancellor, the Director of Internal Audit Services is responsible for a comprehensive audit program to provide more efficient and effective use of educational funding through sound fiscal management practices.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
Duties/essential functions may include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Plans, develops, organizes, directs and implements a comprehensive program of audit coverage for management and financial operations of the District to ensure compliance with federal and state agency financial rules and regulations.
• Conducts systematic audits; performs special audits as directed by the Chancellor or the Governing Board; conducts examinations to determine the adequacy of compliance with rules and regulations established by federal and state law, Board Policies, and District procedures.
• Reviews financial documents, such as contracts, invoices, vouchers, requisitions, and related items in compliance with acceptable accounting principles.
• Evaluates internal control systems to determine if established procedures accomplish goals and objectives and comply with rules and regulations; appraises the economy and efficiency with which resources are utilized.
• Reviews safeguarding of assets and verifies existence of assets.
• Reviews and audits circumstances surrounding potential fraud and theft; reports findings to management; makes recommendations for management correction, action, and for improving control systems.
• Reviews and analyzes departmental accounting and record keeping procedures; observes and reviews inventory procedures; suggests changes in forms and procedures to meet departmental and legal requirements.
• Reviews, evaluates and recommends changes to District established policies and procedures that pertain to internal control for financial operation and program compliance.
• Prepares detailed audit reports and discusses recommendations with appropriate management officials; prepares periodic activity reports on status of audits.
• Conducts special studies on a variety of matters at the request of senior management; writes reports, including findings and recommendations.
• Reviews documentation, controls and audit trails in data processing programs.
• Assists in the installation of new accounting methods and systems.
• Assists outside independent auditors with their audits.
• Presents to Governing Board, Chancellor’s Cabinet and Chancellor.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting or business administration.
Experience: Five years of responsible professional accounting and auditing experience.
Knowledge Of: Principles, practices and methods of governmental accounting and auditing; standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing; laws and ordinances regulating public finance and accounting;
accounting system design, procedures and methods for insuring internal controls.
Ability To: Plan and organize a comprehensive internal auditing program; conduct investigations into potential cases of fraud or theft; apply accounting and auditing principles and procedures in performing work;
analyze data and draw sound conclusions; prepare clear, complete, and concise reports; analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action; interpret and administer District accounting policies and procedures; understand and carry out both oral and written instructions independently; use a personal computer to prepare reports, correspondence, and analyze spreadsheets; communicate effectively and tactfully in oral and written form; establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with those contacted in the course of work; demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, politics, philosophy, disability, and religious background of all students, faculty and staff.
Demonstrated ability to formulate clear and effective communications to and with all levels of the organization
Demonstrated ability to develop and conduct detailed analyses of non-financial and financial data, as appropriate, to determine regulatory process and procedural compliance
Demonstrated ability to create and recommend sound and practical financial and business procedural changes that fully address audit findings
Demonstrated ability to identify and address ethical concerns in a professional and effective manner
Demonstrated ability to analyze computer systems to determine the existence of internal controls
Demonstrated ability to conduct multiple audits simultaneously
Demonstrated understanding of auditing, investigation, and accounting principles and practices
Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information confidentially and ability to present information that may not be easily accepted
Demonstrated ability to persuade others to implement difficult and new procedures
If you do not possess the required Bachelor’s degree, you can upload an Bachelor’s degree equivalency form in the attachment section of the online job application. NOTE : New employees will be placed at the first step which is $ 8,506 per month, second step $8,936 per month or third step $9,389 per month (depending upon experience). Based on current salary placement guidelines, all step increases for which an employee becomes eligible shall take place on July 1st of each fiscal year. These increases will occur, on an annual basis, until the maximum step of $ 10,363 per month is reached on the salary schedule.
Job Close Date: 10/4/2019
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1590303
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.