Finance Manager #286
Finance Manager #286
Somalia & Somaliland
Our partner is a recognised organisation working to offer greater safety to people in conflict- affected communities, and the opportunity to rebuild their lives, livelihoods and futures in the aftermath of war. They are seeking a finance manager to oversee and maintain the integrity of their programme in the Horn of Africa.
This is a leadership position within an influential organisation, and will offer a rewarding opportunity to an individual who is open to working in a challenging environment.
- Lead on the financial planning for the programme; in the preparation of project-specific and programme-wide budgets; developing tool & processes for better budget management and reporting; and preparing budget vs,. actual analysis and commentaries.
- Manage the cashflow requirements and forecasts.
- Lead in the preparation of financial statements, donor reports, and in preparing for external and internal audits.
- Oversight of the finance function, including supervising and reviewing work of the finance team, providing guidance as required.
- Ensure that the programme office meets all statutory, regulatory and grant compliance requirements, and the financial policies and procedures are followed as per the organisational guidelines and expectations.
- Support the Regional Finance Manager in developing budgets for proposals, and in monitoring the regional business plan.
- Work with the logistics function, ensuring that procurement policies and procedures are adhered to an internally audited on a regular basis; and the transfer and delivery of goods is monitored accurately.
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant with strong accounting, financial management, reporting & MsExcel skills.
- Analytical & financial modelling skills, able to critically review complex financial data
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrable experience of working effectively with finance and non-finance staff.
- Experience of working in a management position, and overseeing staff in person and remotely.
- Resilient and culturally sensitive, willing to live and work in a challenging environment.
- Previous experience of working in a finance role in a humanitarian context is highly desirable.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.