Senior Fund Accountant Private Equity
Senior Fund Accountant Private Equity
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
Over the past years, Citco has invested heavily in growing the Private Equity & Real Estate (PERE) line of business.
Our Strategic Centre of Excellence in Luxembourg is home to some of the most accomplished professionals in the sector, providing best in class client support and unparalleled opportunities for learning, development and career progression.
PERE is the fastest growing and most exciting area within the European Fund sector, with a hub for contracting and domiciliation Luxembourg structures. We outsource accounting and reporting acidities within CITCO office worldwide, leading to an oversight duty of a growing number of fund structures in Luxembourg.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Maintain and oversee relationships with various stakeholders around the world
- Ensure compliance of activities with Luxembourg regulations and approvals, internal procedures etc.
- Review private equity fund clients limited partnership agreements, PPMs, and other materials
- Review implementation of fund structures on accounting system
- Prepare and review periodic regulatory filings
- Coordinate with Onboarding team , Tax group, Investor Relations group, Financial Statement group, and other groups at Citco
- Prepare and review ad hoc reports and client requests as needed
- Lead Service Review Calls with Outsource Service Providers
- Review performance of Outsource Service Providers based on KRIs and KPIs
- Review the NAV packs including
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of deliverables (SLAs)
- Reporting into the Oversight Manager
- Act as liaison to various internal/external parties e.g. auditors and regulatory bodies
- Assist in the gatekeeper function for all regulatory reporting requirements for PE/RE clients.
- Interact directly with senior management and clients with appropriate escalation
- Engage in local and global group projects and provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to internal and external clients
- Train and support team members in their development
- Degree qualified in Accounting or Finance related area and /or studying for a professional accounting qualification
- Displays an active interest in the financial markets and the Alternative Investment industry
- Experience in preparing and reviewing general ledgers and financial statements
- Consolidation knowledge is an asset
- Familiarity with Investran, or other Private Equity software packages, highly advantageous
- Previous experience/exposure to Private Equity/Real Estate funds, a distinct advantage
- Prior experience/exposure to the Luxembourg Regulatory environment and/or oversight is a plus
- Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of International-/Lux GAAP/IFRS Accounting Principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel etc).
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
- A highly competitive salary package will be awarded to the successful candidate.