Milne Craig is an established and independent firm of Chartered Accountants, with a progressive outlook. We are located in Paisley with good transport links to Glasgow and the West of Scotland, where the majority of our clients are located.
We are currently seeking a qualified accountant to join our Audit and Accountancy department as an Audit Senior.
The role will focus on delivering audit services but will also include providing a wide range of other business services to our clients including the preparation of statutory accounts, management accounts and vat returns.
The main duties will include:
- Leading audit engagements from planning stage through to completion
- Identifying complex audit issues and working to resolve these
- Ensuring audit files have appropriate and sufficient documentation on each section worked on to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions.
- Delegation of tasks through each assignment to appropriate team members
- Reviewing the work of junior staff and providing feedback
- Liaising closely with the Senior Audit Manager and Partner
- Preparation of management accounts, annual accounts and VAT returns
- Build and maintain close client relationships and identify business development opportunities
Required skills/ knowledge:
Previous experience with leading audit teams
Knowledge of CCH Audit Automation would be advantageous
Our staff are the front line in our relationship with clients and it is therefore important for us to recruit and retain talented people. The core skills required include:
- Ability to build and manage relationships
- Organisational and time-management skills
- An enquiring mind, keen to learn and investigate
- An ability to work to budgets and deadlines
- Gaining the respect of others
Milne Craig is a leading provider of integrated professional services. We are:
- Registered Auditors
- Chartered Accountants and Tax Advisers
- Independent Financial Planners
- Payroll Practitioners
- Insolvency and Restructuring Specialists
- Official Sage Business Partners
- Book-keeping Specialists
- Microsoft Gold Certified LT Partners
We have a team of 85, based in Paisley, serving Central Scotland, and beyond. Our team act with integrity and provide imaginative solutions to private individuals, large family businesses, charities and many others.
Competitive Salary based on relevant qualifications, skills and experience.