A business central role has arisen within the experienced finance team for this Cambridge based Engineering business, operating as a Financial Accountant. Within this role the Financial Accountant will have responsibility for producing timely and accurate financial statements alongside assisting with internal and external audits.
An established Engineering business with sites both nationally and globally are in need of a progressive Financial Accountant to assist with their continued growth. The role will sit withing an experienced finance team who will provide continual growth and development opportunities.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Maintain the general ledger, post journals, complete month end and ensure smooth finance operations across UK and several European subsidiaries.
- Maintain reconciliation of key accounts including payroll, commissions and employment taxes, as well as pensions and accrued vacation.
- Liaising with external auditors as one of the main point of contact for the year end and statutory audits.
- Preparation of cash flow statement
- Review monthly packs for submission from external accountants across Europe.
- Support the Director of Finance and Finance Manager with various ad-hoc tasks.
- Support the development of finance functions and processes and assist in testing of system upgrades and automation projects.
The successful candidate for the Financial Accountant will be:
- Part-qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- A progressive and forward thinking candidate, eager help the business progress
- Experienced in dealing with a broad range of stakeholders within a business
- Advanced Excel user with strong systems exposure
- Experience with preparation of financial statements.
- Strong attention to detail.
The successful applicant for the position will be joining an established business in the Cambridge market who have a desire to continue their expansion in the Engineering sector. Sitting in the Cambridge office you will receive a competitive salary and strong benefits package.