Manager / Senior Manager, IFRS 9 Modelling
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
Our tailored external audit services help build trust and confidence through transparency, clarity and consistency. We are 79,000+ professionals based worldwide across 150 countries. Audit services involve reporting on the fairness in all material respects with which a client’s audited financial statements are presented, in conformity with the applicable financial reporting framework.
EY is looking for a Manager or Senior Manager to join the Audit team to support and lead audit teams in interpreting expectations of accounting standards (IFRS 9), related to expected credit losses, tailored to their individual constraints.
Your key responsibilities
In this role you’ll support and lead audit engagements in multiple areas, including, but not limited to, the estimation of expected credit losses using statistical models for PD, EAD and LGD, and the use of multiple economic scenarios in the determination of significant increases in credit risk and the use of any practical expedients within the accounting standard.
You will also assess the validation of ECL credit risk measurement models of audit clients including reviewing the preparation of data from the data warehouse / repository, the tracing of data enhancements / transformations between the data repository and final dataset, univariate and multivariate statistical analysis, model performance testing and model implementation testing. You will also be responsible for documenting technical analysis for the audit teams as well as apply your skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues.
Additionally, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships and confirming that work delivered to clients is of a high quality will be essential. You'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring. You will also contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Assurance professionals and contribute to the maintenance of an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelors degree in a related subject
- Experience in credit risk modelling techniques
- Knowledge and practical experience in accounting and risk requirements as related to IFRS9
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of model development and validation including data extraction and pre-processing, modular model development, user acceptance testing and model performance assessments
- The ability to communicate risk / finance requirements of IFRS9 to the audit teams, as well as client risk to finance and finance to risk
- Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
- Excellent English oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills
- Flexibility to work across MENA region
- Relevant sector experience in developing PD, EAD and LGD models for credit risk
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to understand and execute programming code including VBA, SAS, R and Python would be an added benefit
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.