General Ledger Accountant with Spanish
We are looking for a number of General Ledger Accountants to function as an advanced professional level accountant, under limited supervision.
To work within the Accounting team working to deliver the necessary accounting and reporting requirements expected within a large complex organization. The role will be involved in General Ledger controlling and reporting, compliance, tax, statutory and multiple general accounting and reporting activities, along with a range of other financial reconciliation and control tasks as required within the team.
All tasks to be carried out in a Total Quality manner, consistent with the Company culture. The job role would include as a guide the following items:
- Control and manage the accuracy of the General Ledger for the assigned Arrow companies.
- Complete all relevant month end financial close procedures including necessary accruals and prepayments activities.
- Prepare and be responsible for all necessary internal reporting required within Europe and to US head office.
- Facilities and restructuring accounting and control.
- Carry out relevant Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Hedging and Revaluation.
- Headcount reporting, control and forecasting support.
- Statutory accounting and corporation tax work.
- Statutory/Corporate reconciliations and European consolidation.
- Control and prepare VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales List Reporting, submission of Vat Returns and related compliance.
- Support and be involved with all audit work.
- Manage the fixed asset register and all relevant accounting, liaising with the accounts payable clerks and other business areas where required.
- Prepare any necessary variance analysis for all the above.
- Support other accountants within the team on a variety of tasks in order to meet the total needs of the finance department.
- Involvement with developing new/efficient processes/procedures within the accounting team.
- Provide support and assistance to the Accounting Manager on projects and ad-hoc tasks.
- Manage other staff where appropriate.
- Good knowledge of accounting, preferably part or fully qualified (CIMA, ACCA).
- High level usage of Excel and data manipulation.
- Dedications and commitment to achieve results and deadlines.
- Oracle knowledge/experience an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of general accounting and reporting processes.
- Effective resolution of complex reporting requirements.
- Highly numerate and methodical.
- Maintain efficient control under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- English and Spanish advanced.
- Other European languages are a plus.
- Interface with other finance department, other Arrow companies, Europe and Corporate headquarters and all necessary external parties such as Auditors and Tax Advisors.
Measurable performance standards:
- Accuracy of work.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Deliver and maintain suitable and efficient solutions.
- Team working within the accounting team and wider finance departments.