Senior MI and Reporting Analyst
Description of Business Unit
Decision Science is responsible for management information, regulatory returns, risk model development and automated decision strategies and infrastructure across the breadth of credit portfolios. Our customers are broad-ranged and include Group Risk, Retail Ireland, Retail UK, Finance and Corporate Banking. Credit Risk Insights is a specialist unit within Decision Science covering risk management, data mining, statistical analysis, regulation and I.T.
Purpose of the Role
The Senior Analyst position provides a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic analytics unit within the Group Risk function. The role holder will take a lead in credit risk insight development and delivery and deep dive portfolio analysis pertaining to RoI mortgages, addressing analytical requests as they arise and will also have responsibility for the coordination and delivery of select, high profile credit risk reporting. The role will afford a high level of exposure to internal and external stakeholders. Opportunities to enhance and broaden business knowledge, reporting and analytical skills and competencies and to introduce new risk reporting techniques will be made available.
Decision Science is part of an agile workforce, and offers flexible working options such as remote working including working from home or other Group locations, laptop and a newly designed agile workspace for enhanced collaboration and innovation within the Bank.
- Scheduling, production and validation of a broad range of credit risk reports.
- Proactive engagement and collaboration with key stakeholders to review and refine the reporting suite whilst responding to evolving business needs.
- Manage the collation of inputs from a number of contributors to ensure accurate and consistent executive level reporting.
- Development and delivery of accurate, insightful and actionable analysis in response to reporting and data analysis requests.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in compliance with regulatory requirements and agreed procedures and timeframes.
- Formulate and deploy new reporting techniques to generate capacity and improve efficiencies.
What is the Opportunity?
- Development of coding and analytical skills - opportunities to introduce new management reporting techniques will be provided.
- A lead role in delivering key executive level reporting and business insights.
- Significant level of exposure to internal and external stakeholders, for high profile deliverables.
- Excellent analytical skills supported by a third Level qualification in mathematics, statistics (or other numerical discipline) or business.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Practical experience using statistical/ data visualisation tools such as SAS and Tableau.
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into clear and concise reports and visualisations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deliver within demanding timeframes.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Excellent organisational/ project management skills
- Expertise in presenting results of analysis to business stakeholders.
- Previous experience in credit risk or data analytics.
- Competency 1: Customer Focused - 2. People Manager
- Competency 2: Manage Risk - 1. Self
- Competency 3: One Group, one team - 1. Self
- Competency 4: Champion Transformation - 1. Self
- Competency 5: Agile - 1. Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Sep 05, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.