Superb opportunity to join Private Equity Backed international manufacturing business in East Kent. Reporting to the General Manager, this is the lead Finance position in the UK.
Our Exclusive East Kent client is an International Manufacturing business. They are part of a larger Group which is a clear market leader in their field, and are owned by Private Equity.
This Financial Controller position is primarily responsible for oversight of all finance and accounting functions, and will manage a small team to oversee the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, month-end closings and financial reporting.
You will have a strong knowledge of cost accounting, inventory management and manufacturing processes and will work cross functionally with multiple stakeholders including the CFO, Corporate / Divisional controllers, local operations and sales teams, the treasury department and many others.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Oversight of accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions, including the development of staff.
- Ensuring the maintenance of internal controls and financial procedures.
- Managing the cost accounting function, including annual cost rolls, cycle counts, operational reporting and inventory management.
- Engaging with operations, product development and quality teams to support business initiatives and conduct problem solving sessions
- Ensuring accurate, timely reporting of financial and management information, as well as the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Weekly cash management
- Co-ordination of audit process and tax returns
- Ensuring legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions, including VAT compliance
- Assist in development of annual budgets, financial planning and analysis reports
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
As the company continue to grow and aquire, you may also be required to engage in M&A post close activities.
The successful candidate for this Financial Controller role will be fully qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and will have a strong knowledge of cost accounting, inventory management and the manufacturing process.
You will have good experience at a financial controller / leadership level within a similar environment, and should also have strong computer skills including Excel (pivot tables, V-look-ups, macros etc), SQL, access, powerpoint, as the role will require you to demonstrate excellent analytical and abstract reasoning.
Strong communication skills are required, and ideally you will have gained experience within a Private Equity or VC backed business.
The role is based in East Kent.
Basic salary of £60-70,000 + benefits including