Head of Financial Accounting #291 @ Global INGO
Head of Financial Accounting #291
c. £60,000 - £65,000
Our partner is a well-known and respected global INGO. They are seeking an experienced, senior member of the finance team to lead the financial year-end and external audit processes and oversee the monthly balance sheet controls and reporting.
- Lead on the financial year-end financial accounting close process, and in the preparation for year-end financial reporting for the UK, country and regional offices.
- Lead on key risk areas, identifying potential weaknesses, making recommendations and developing plans to address these before year-end.
- Lead on the annual statutory audit process, including agreeing on the audit scope, reviewing the audit findings and management responses, and following up on agreed action plans.
- Ensure that there is an appropriate control framework across all offices, responsible for driving improvements in efficiency, and in updating the country office Finance Manuals.
- Lead on monthly global balance sheet reporting.
- Lead on financial accounting services to the UK office.
- Qualified accountant with experience of operating in a complex, global organisation. Strong technical skills and knowledge of UK SORP and UK/International GAPP and legal requirements, UK VAT, PAYE and other tax issues.
- Experience of leading year-end and external audit processes.
- Proven ability of managing a cross-cultural team – remotely and in-person
- Excellent business partnering and negotiating skills, the ability to influence and liaise and work with a wide range of colleagues and other internal and external stakeholders.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.