My client are a world leading brand in the manufacturing and production sector and have been coming up with innovative ideas to bring new building and infrastructure to leading brands. With this innovative mind set, my client is looking for an Management Accountant to join their evolving team. This role will also be dealing with a variety of different senior manager and key business Stakeholders.
Today, my client manages multi-million pounds worth of business from manufacturing and production . And they're creating new, innovative ideas all the time. The business is based in Hatfield, however, has a vibrant and buzzing environment. Their international brand will be recognised in a variety of different Continents from the Europe to Asia and working with this dynamic company you will be sure to get back the investment on the time you put in.
As a Management Accountant you will learn and have the following duties:
- Effecting improvements in financial reporting processes;
- Assisting with finance systems development to support efficient consolidation and reporting;
- Preparation of the Group's consolidated statutory accounts for Full Year and Half Y
- Coordination and production of the Group's Annual Report;
- Gathering, managing and monitoring the integrity of the management and financial data used for all reporting to the Group and UK regulated entity Boards including management accounts, forecasts and the three year plan;
- Ensuring Financial Accounting throughout the Group, complies with the latest accounting guidance and promote best practice;
- Report writing to the Group's Board, Audit Committee and Sub-Committee's bringing to their attention key accounting issues, areas of judgement and technical developments;
- Provide advice and guidance to facilitate the accounting for complex commercial transactions;
- Reviewing the integrity of data forming the monthly management accounts, annual budget and forecasts;
- Assistance with the preparation of the Group statutory reporting instructions for year end and half year;
- Liaise with the Group auditors to ensure they receive appropriate information to perform their audit.
- Preparing sections of the Group's Annual Report and Accounts. These include fixed assets, goodwill, reserve movements, financial investments, foreign exchange;
- Help support other external documents during the year end and half year processes including materials for credit rating agencies and bond holders;
- Provide financial accounting advice to Business Units and Group functions by interpreting and applying financial reporting standards;
- Support the development of a 'customer service' culture across Centre Finance to ensure that the function builds rapport with, each MU and major business units.
The Successful Applicant as Management Accountant would be:
- Part qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) although individuals who are qualified by experience will also be considered
- A proven track record of working in a growing business
- Strong communication skills
- Must adopt a hands-on work ethic and have the ability to work within a collaborative, challenging and consultative environment with a multitude of personalities
- Strong systems experience including Excel
- Proven track record of performance reporting and producing management and statutory financial statements.
- Proactive and self-motivated individual
- Must have ability to multi-task and to manage time effectively at all times
The benefits of the role include:
- Free parking.
- Excellent career progression.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and 1 extra day added for every year at the business.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme up to 5%.
- Full study support is on offer