Accounts Payable Assistant - Fast Start
An exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Assistant - Fast Start in a well renowned building and construction company in Bedford with a strng regional presence. Going in to a busy role that requires someone with an eye for detail and ability to work well in teams to ensure all process are followed accurately.
A large building and construction reach with a network spanning across the region is looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant - Fast Start to join a dynamic team. With their offices being located in Bedford they are easily commutable for anyone located locally, or in Milton Keynes, Luton or the surrounding area.
The key responsibilities for the role of Accounts Payable Assistant - Fast Start will:
- Matching and coding invoices on Purchase Order Systems through the use of Sun (preferred)
- Processing of invoices for related ongoing projects
- Maintain and update central journal
- Pursuing non-authorised invoices to maintain up to date records
- Raising and resolving supplier queries
- Maintaining supplier statement reconciliations on a timely basis
- Scanning & emailing PO invoices to relevant site
- Process credit notes within the system
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required
The successful candidate for the role of Accounts Payable Assistant - Fast Start:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of using similar systems, Oracle preferred
- Able to input high volumes of invoices
- Experience of coding invoices
- Experience of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good interpersonal and communication skills as part of a tight knit team
- A positive and analytical personality
- Excellent attention to detail
Joining the building and construction industry in an interesting role that requires a high attention to detail.