Private Equity Senior Fund Accounting
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
Over the past 20 years, Citco has invested heavily in growing the Private Equity & Real Estate (PERE) line of business.
Our Strategic Centre of Excellence in Dublin is home to some of the most accomplished professionals in the sector, providing best in class client support and unparalleled opportunities for learning, development and career progression.
Private Equity is the fastest growing and most exciting area within the European Fund world
Job Duties in Brief:
- Review private equity fund clients limited partnership agreements, PPMs, and other materials
- Implementation of fund structures on accounting system
- Coach, develop and train staff with aid of Citco's internal training department.
- Engage in local and global group projects and provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
- Coordinate with Onboarding team , Tax group, Investor Relations group, Financial Statement group, and other groups at Citco
- Prepare and review capital calls, distributions, and statements
- Ad hoc reports and client requests as needed
- Train and support team members in their development
- Preforming and Preparing and Monthly/Quarterly Reporting Pack:
- Maintain the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- Cash and Portfolio Reconciliations, Maintain fund's budget; Income and Expense Accruals
- Capital Activity processing (Capital calls/Distributions/Transfers)
- Prepare Management Fee & Waterfall calculations
- Partner Allocation calculations
- Prepare and review trial balances
- Financial Statement preparation with footnotes
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables (SLAs)
- Act as liaison to various internal/external parties e.g. auditors
- Interact directly with senior management and clients with appropriate escalation
- Degree qualified in Accounting or Finance related area (2:1 and above) and /or studying for a professional accounting qualification
- Displays an active interest in the financial markets and hedge fund industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel etc).
- Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals
- Familiarity with Investran, or other Private Equity software packages, highly advantageous
- Previous experience/exposure to Private Equity/Hedge investment funds a distinct advantage
- Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of International GAAP/IFRS Accounting Principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word essential
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
- A highly competitive salary package will be awarded the successful candidate.