Technical Co-ordinator, Transfer Agency (Dealing)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements.
The team provides technical support to the operational areas, independent handling of complaints, undertake process reviews, co-ordinate audit visits, providing management information and analysis.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Technical Coordinator supports the Team Leader in ensuring operational efficiency with respect to workflow distribution and ensuring the effective the use of staff resources; Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact; Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees; May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role).
- Process and quality check a wide range of dealing transactions through internal systems, to regulatory and client standards
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance to more junior team members, support the Team Leader with respect to workflow distribution and ensuring the effective the use of staff resources
- Identify, document and disseminate new procedures and controls
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- Technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
- Transfer Agency/Financial Services experience is desirable.
- Previous client facing experience is favourable.
- A flexible approach to work and being capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to review and resolve complex queries.
- Knowledge of Fund Administration and the regulatory environment is highly desirable.
- A good understanding of effective risk management
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.